Policy on Disclosure of Customers Personal Information
1. We collect Personal Information about our prospective customers and customers from information submitted on our on-line pre-application, our credit application or other forms, and through information we obtain during the course of a customer’s business relationship with us, our affiliates and others. In addition, we may from time to time receive consumer credit data about prospective customers and customers from Consumer Reporting Agencies.
2. Personal Information is data that we collect from customers and/or their references that is not otherwise available from public sources. The categories of Personal Information include Personal Identification, Financial Transactions (and Balances) Data and Consumer Credit Data.
3. In accordance with our professional confidentiality obligations, we will, in general, refrain from disclosing Personal Information about our prospective customers and customers. Disclaimer: We regularly report on our customers’ Financial Transactions Data with us and our affiliates to Consumer Reporting Agencies. In the event of subpoena or other court order, we and/or our affiliates are required by law to disclose customers’ information.
4. Within our company and our affiliates, we permit access to your Personal Information only to those employees who “need to know” so they can better serve our customers and administer customers’ accounts with us. Information provided through our online pre-application is encrypted. Information in our management information system is protected through log-on, password and back-up controls.
5. Generally, we do NOT share customers’ Personal Information with companies that perform marketing services, e.g. telemarketing companies.
6. We provide our customers an opportunity to “opt-out” to ensure their Personal Information is not disclosed to non-affilated third parties, except to Consumer Reporting Agencies or as otherwise required by law.